With the introduction of digital land records in India, many states made their land records digital to let the citizens easily access them and verify the details. Rajasthan is one of the states that went digital with their land records in 2016. The e-dharti (land record Rajasthan portal), also known as Apna Khata, was introduced in the state by the Rajasthan Revenue Department.
The Apna Khata portal, since its introduction, has made it easy for citizens to get information on land records of Rajasthan. Although not all the land information in Rajasthan is entirely digitalized, the department is making a constant effort to make all the information available on the portal.
In this write-up, learn more about the Rajasthan revenue land record, how to check land records in Rajasthan, how to register, methods to use it, services available, and how to contact the department in case of any issues, etc. Continue Reading!
What is Rajasthan Revenue Land Record?
Digitization has made accessing land-related information easier for almost all Indian states. In line with this, the Rajasthan government has also launched Apna Khata Rajasthan, the State’s Bhulekh portal, allowing residents to view the records of rights (RoR) online without trouble.
With an aim to offer fast citizen services and keep a check on land transaction-related scams, the Government of Rajasthan provides Bhulekh or RoR (records of rights) of land online through its Apna Khata portal. It is more commonly known as the Rajasthan e-dharti website.
Apart from offering citizens a host of services online, the Rajasthan E-Dharti portal also helps the state government maintain land records digitally, which helps in keeping in check land-related frauds. Using the Rajasthan E-Dharti, land owners can access land and ownership-related details about parcels and property in Rajasthan.
The Revenue Department set up the Rajasthan e-Dharti after the state-sanctioned the Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Act, 2016. It’s a law seeking to provide state-guaranteed land titles.
Landowners can check land records online in Rajasthan using their name, USN or GRN number, Khasra number, and account number. An owner can get all Apna Khata land record Rajasthan details on the online portal @ apnakhata.raj.nic.in.
Apna Khata Rajasthan is available at the E-Mitra kiosk, which the Rajasthan government has set up. The aim of the portal is to offer all private and government services online to the citizens under one roof, including land records. However, it’s impossible to find land records of the years before 1920 on Apna Khata.
Some of the services provided by e-Dharti are:
- Updating of land records.
- Computerization and strengthening of revenue administration.
- To develop a comprehensive, modern, transparent land records management system.
Benefits of Apna Khata Rajasthan Land Records
The following are the benefits of the Apna Khata Land Record Rajasthan portal:
- Rajasthan citizens can check Jamabandi and any land records of Rajasthan.
- All land records are available; you just have to enter the Khasra number.
- You can easily take the printout of land records, which the bank might need to approve the loan
- It brings transparency to the whole process, and there is no need to visit the Registrar’s office.
- It helps reduce cases like land-related crimes, illegal land occupation, scuffles, etc.
Apna Khata Rajasthan Quick Facts
|Portal name||Apna Khata or e dharti|
|Services offered||Jamabandi Nakal copy (Khasra/Khatauni) and nomination copy Copying Fee See Bhu Naksha Apply for Mutation (Mutation Application) Mutation Status E-Mitra LoginRevenue Officer LoginApna Khata Contact DetailsOther Land Services|
|Objective||To digitize land records and make it convenient for all citizens to access them online|
|Launched by||Government of Rajasthan|
|Department responsible||Revenue Department of Rajasthan|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Rajasthan|
|Services provided||Jamabandi Nakal Rajasthan Online, Khasra Number details of Rajasthan account, land/farm account, Khatuani number, Copy of Jamabandi, account removal from website|
|Districts||Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Bharatpur, Barmer, Bhilwara, Bhundi, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dausa, Pali, Dungarpur, Hanumanghar, Jaipur, Jalor, Jaisalmer, Jhalawar, Jodhpur, Karauli, Kota, Karauli, Pratapgarh, Rajsamand, Sawai Madhopur, Sikar, Sirohi, Sri Ganganagar, Tonk, Udaipur, and Dholpur|
|Contact details||Revenue Board Rajasthan, Todarmal Road, Civil Lines, Ajmer|
How to Check Land Registration Online in Rajasthan?
- Visit the Apna Khata Rajasthan website.
- Click ‘E-Friend Login’. Provide the username and password, and enter the captcha in the available box.
- Click on the district shown on the map available on the main page. You will be directed to a new page.
- Choose the Tehsil. Select the cadastral year
- Under the ‘Village Patwar Circle’, select an option for which the land record details you wish to view.
- Provide the name and address of the applicant, the city in which the applicant resides, and the pin code.
- Under ‘Option to issue copy’, choose ‘account’, ‘measles’, ‘by the name’, ‘From USN’, or ‘From GRN’.
- Enter the concerned number in the box based on your chosen option. For example, provide the USN number in the box if you chose’ From USN’.
- You can view the land record details on your computer screen.
E-Mitra Login Details on Apna Khata Rajasthan Portal
The E-Mitra portal of the Rajasthan government can be accessed through the Apna Khata portal. To log in to the E-Mitra through the Apna Khata website, follow the below steps:
- Open the Apna Khata Rajasthan portal.
- Click the ‘E-MITRA Login’ tab on the navigation bar. A login window will open.
- Enter the username, password, and verification code, then click the ‘Login’ button.
- Then, you will be logged in to the E-MITRA portal.
Revenue Officer Login Details on Apna Khata Rajasthan Portal
The concerned Revenue officer may log in to the Apna Khata portal. From the home page, you may access the revenue officer login. Follow the below steps to access the Revenue Office login:
- Open the official website of Apna Khata Rajasthan.
- Press the ‘Revenue Officer Login (For License)’ option on the navigation bar.
- Apna Khata Revenue Officer Login window will open. Enter your username, password, and verification code.
- After completing all the details, click the Login button to log in to the portal.
Details Required to Access Land Records in Rajasthan
1. Khata Number
Khata number is the account denoting the land ownership of all family members. This number is also referred to as the Khewat number. Khata number can be used on the Jamabandi Rajasthan portal as one of the options to search State bhulekh.
Khatauni is also an account number that provides information about the family members who owned the land. It gives details, such as the land’s khasra number, the total area of the land, and the number of owners involved. With the Khatauni number, one can also get the details of all the Khasra owned by an owner of the land.
Fees to Get Document Copies on Apna Khata
To get the document copies on the Apna Khata portal, the landowners have to pay a nominal fee based on the service availed. The table below contains the details about the same:
|Jamabandi copy||Rs 10|
|Map copy||Rs 20|
|Nomination P21||Rs 20|
Records Available on Rajasthan e-Dhati
- Land buyers can check and verify land titles before investing in land, which limits the scope for wrongdoing.
- Sellers and buyers can also view the mutation status of the property.
- Banks would demand land title and mutation documents before issuing credit.
Is it possible to Use Information Extracted from Apna Khata in Court?
The official website mentions, “The information provided is for general purpose only. It cannot be used as a certified/authorized copy in any court or office.” To get a certified copy, the user needs a copy of the document from any prescribed kiosk.
How to Apply for a Transfer on Apna Khata Rajasthan Portal?
- The citizen should visit the official website of Apna Khata.
- On the home screen, click the ‘Apply For a Transfer’ tab on the navigation bar.
- The online transfer page will open; enter all the information in Hindi.
- Enter the Name of the Applicant, the Name of the Applicant’s Father, Mobile, Email, and the Applicant’s Address. Select the District, Tehsil, and Village from the drop-down list.
- Also select the type of application you want to apply for transfer from the drop-down menu.
- Attach the necessary documents and click the ‘Go ahead’ button. After that, you can apply for the transfer.
Important Terms Used for Land Records in Rajasthan
What is Bhunaksha?
The literal translation of Bhunaksha is a map of the land. Suppose you are looking for information on an agricultural plot or any other parcel in Rajasthan. You can do so through the online Rajasthan Bhunaksha website, developed by the National Informatics Centre. Landowners and prospective plot buyers use it extensively to check the property’s ownership details.
With the Bhunaksha Rajasthan website, you can know the exact size of a plot along with the owner’s name and other details. Before entering any land purchase transaction, prospective buyers can verify the information and other legal details through the Rajasthan Bhunaksha portal. This facility is free and can be availed anytime and from anywhere.
What is Bhulekh?
Bhulekh is a Hindi word that refers to land records. Under the Digital India initiative undertaken by the Government of India, all land records are uploaded online on the Jamabandi portal. The Jamabandi Rajasthan portal helps the State government maintain the land records online and prevent property-related disputes.
The Revenue Department set up the Bhulekh Rajasthan portal after passing the Rajasthan Urban Land (Certification of Titles) Act, 2016. The objective of this law was to provide State-guaranteed land titles.
- Bhulekh is required, most of all, to prove your land or house.
- You can use it in the schemes provided by the government.
- If you are a farmer, you need it a lot in agriculture-related schemes.
- If you want to take any type of loan, then you are asked for a copy of your Bhulekh.
- You will need Rajasthan Bhulekh mainly in frauds related to land.
What is Jamabandi?
A common term used in north Indian states, including Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan, jamabandi stands for a village’s record of rights (ROR). Jamabandi records provide access to every detail of land in these states, apart from information about the owners and the cultivators. The Rajasthan E-Dharti portal provides this information.
Land Measurement Units in Rajasthan
Bigha is the most common land measurement unit used in Rajasthan. A bigha consists of 27,255 sq ft. Since there is no standard value attached to it, the value of a bigha varies from state to state. In Rajasthan, a bigha of land is equal to 27,255 sq ft.
Apna Khata Rajasthan Contact Details
The Revenue Board Rajasthan oversees land-related matters and can provide guidance and resolutions to users’ queries or problems regarding the Apna Khata portal. Whether it’s a technical issue, difficulty navigating the portal, or any other concern related to accessing the land records, the Revenue Board Rajasthan is equipped to address and assist with such matters.
If users encounter any difficulties or issues while accessing the land records on the Apna Khata portal, they can contact the concerned department for assistance. Users can contact the Revenue Board Rajasthan at Todarmal Road, Civil Lines, Ajmer, to seek support.
Alternatively, they can use various communication channels, such as phone or email, to connect with the department. It is advisable to provide specific details about the issue and include any relevant information or documentation to facilitate a prompt and accurate response.
The government has made it easier for citizens to access land records at their fingertips through Apna Khata, Rajasthan. Citizens can easily avail of all the services related to record-of-rights, registration status, and other land-related services of the state. With the information of USN, GRN, Khasra number, khata number, name, etc., citizens can look up the land record in Rajasthan.
Apna Khata Rajasthan aims to simplify obtaining land records, promote transparency in land transactions, and empower citizens with easy access to crucial information. It has proven to be a valuable resource for landowners, potential buyers, and individuals involved in land-related activities in Rajasthan.