If you want to buy a house, you should set aside some money in addition to the actual property value. Such extra exclusions come in the form of registry charges and DLC rates. Registry charges are the charges implied by the government of any state to book a certain property or piece of land.
The other name for registry charges is stamp duty and registration charges.
You can check the plot registry charges in Rajasthan by visiting the official website of the Rajasthan government (Stamp and Registration Department).
For a detailed explanation, follow the steps given in the article below.
Reasons Behind Paying Plot Registry Charges in rajasthan
As with every legal tax in India, the state government imposes a tax on property as well. It is known as “registry charges” for any land (residential or commercial). A fixed tax on the property value has to be paid compulsorily.
Failing to pay registry charges within the span of 30 days to the state government after buying the property can lead to serious penalties, such as a fine and jail. The plot registry charges in Rajasthan are 8.20% for males and 7% for females. Stamp duty and registration fees, combined with labour cess, account for the total of plot registry fees.
Also Read: Top Residential Projects In Jodhpur
How to Check Online Plot Registry in Rajasthan in Detail
Here is a step-by-step description of how to check the online plot registry in Rajasthan in detail:
- Visit the official website of the Registrations and Stamp Departments of the Government of Rajasthan at https://epanjiyan.rajasthan.gov.in/home.aspx from your PC or mobile.
- Once you open this website, you need to look for the home tab, and once you click on it, you will see Information Services, from which you can select the first option, which is e-property valuation, or you can click on this link, which will direct you to the e-property valuation tab.
- When you open this tab, you’ll see a property district dialogue box where you can choose the district (of Rajasthan state) where you want to buy the land. It is because the charges are different for every district. For example, residential properties in Jodhpur have different plot registry charges compared to Ajmer, and other cities.
- Now that you have selected your desired district, click on the Submit button. Once you click on the Submit button, you will see three dialogue boxes where you will have to submit the below mentioned information, and then you can check your e-property valuation:
- Contact Number
- OTP received on contact number
- Challan number for modified valuation
- The citizen reference number is derived from the challan number.
- Details of SRO, colony name, and area name
- Sales Deed details
Also Read: What Are The Property Rates In Jodhpur?
5. Now that you have all the details, you can follow with the “fresh valuation” option or modify the “valuation” option as per your requirements. You can similarly find the DLC rates in Rajasthan on the website as well.
For plot registry charges in Rajasthan, visit http://igrs.rajasthan.gov.in/. In the E-citizen tab, you can find e-property valuation under DLC rates.
How Are Plot Registry Charges in Rajasthan Calculated?
Plot registry charges are calculated with the stamp duty and registration charges, separately for male and female.
- 6% of total buying property value (for males) + 20% of 6% for labour cess + 1% of total property value = 8.20% of total property value for males.
- 5% of total buying property value (for females) + 20% of 5% for labour cess + 1% of total property value = 7% of total property value for females.
Also Read: How To Avoid Property Fraud In Jodhpur?
The following steps are a guide for you to check online plot registry charges in Rajasthan. As seen in DLC rates, each state government and even district has different property tax slabs.
The stamp duty and registration fees (plot registry charges) can be paid both online and offline. If you want to use net banking, a debit card, or a credit card to pay your bill, you must sign in to the website at https://epanjiyan.nic.in/. If you choose the offline method, you must go to the sub-office registrar’s offices in Rajasthan, where you can simultaneously submit the paperwork or documents and pay the fees for legalising your property. In any case, it is always better to consult with a property dealer in Jodhpur or any other district while buying or registering a property.