It is essential to register any property, including housing, agriculture, or commercial, during its purchase. Only after the registration process can people be considered real property owners. Failing to do so, you have no right over the property or any related asset. Also, it is vital to register the property because it helps the owner to skip any fraud.
Why property registration is important?
There are several profits to register the property:
- The final registration stamped document is the physical proof that the property belongs to you.
- The government keeps a record that you are the sole owner of the property. This helps in any kind of land dispute management.
- Also, it is a kind of identity proof that ensure all your personal details are true.
What is Rajasthan property registration?
As per the guidance of the Rajasthan government under the Rajasthan Registration Act, 1955, a registrar inspection and authorization is essential for buying any land or immovable property. It is viable to read all the documents and make a fair agreement to avoid any kind of further dispute.
There are two parties during the sale and purchase of any property in Rajasthan. The seller and the buyer. The seller is the transferor, and the one who buys the property is called the transferee. The Transferee is liable to make all paper and registration-based charges from their end.
The transferee will only pay all the charges, including the stamp and the processing charge. It is their duty to ensure that they have enough evidence to secure themselves as the sole nominee of the property.
In this write-up, we will acknowledge the Rajasthan property registration in detail.
The land registration process in Rajasthan
There are simple steps and processes you must go through to register your property. With this, we are providing you with a checklist of essential documents that are needed to complete the process.
Documents required for property registration in Rajsthan:
- Photo identity proof of transferee and transferor.
- Two attested witnesses and their passport-sized photographs.
- PAN card
- Form 60
- Evidence of ownership like a sale deed or lease deed.
Step-by-step guide for property registration in Rajasthan:
- First of all, check that you have all the required documents with you.
- Open the Rajasthan registration and stamp department website on your internet-enabled device.
- Now, click on the property valuation icon on the website’s first page.
- Provide all the required detail along with your mobile. Also, write down the verification code sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on the fresh valuation icon below the dialog box to register a new property.
- Now, you will have to provide all the details of your property, including the land type and location.
- Now, choose from the document type and subtype as per your need.
- Scroll down the page. You will see certain columns asking for the appropriate details regarding your property. Provide the exact details, which will be verified with valid documents next.
- Now, the owner has to provide the construction details of the property.
- In the next section, you need to write down the exact measurements and amenities you are willing to offer over your property.
- Now, a section will come asking for your commission details. Enter as per your age or designation. Now that the system has all the details, it will estimate your property’s price.
- As you get the estimated value of your property, you will need to enter the face value. Then the system will provide the stamp duty amount.
- Click on the save option, and the page will redirect you to payment gateways.
- You provide all your details, including your personal details such as name, address, and gender.
- As you do this, you will be provided with a list of forms to be filled out and uploaded in the next step.
- After you upload the form, the next step is to pay the stamp duty through the website only.
- Take a print of the e-challan and pay the amount.
- You must make an appointment with the SR office through the website.
- Enter your mobile number, and an OTP will be sent.
- Select the appropriate date and day for the appointment and enter the option for making a successful appointment.
- On the appointment day, carry all relevant documents with you. It is important to note that you can pay for stamp duty in cash at the SR office.
- You must provide genuine thumb impressions, and the authorities will click your photograph.
- You will receive a document with a CRN number to track your application.
After this, you will receive a sale deed certificate and land registration id in Rajasthan
from the SR office mentioning the successful ownership of the property.
Exact Property Registration Charges in Rajasthan
pay the stamp and property registration charges while leasing the property. These are important for the legal ownership of your property. The government of Rajasthan is liable to charge a certain percentage from the property transaction. Check the house and property registration charges in Rajasthan here below.
Stamp Duty Charges
Method to Calculate Stamp Duty in Rajasthan for Property
We will understand the calculation and process to calculate the stamp duty by a simple example here.
Ramesh bought a property that is worth ₹ 60 lakh. Now let’s calculate the stamp duty, registration charges, and labor cess for this property in Rajasthan.
Stamp Duty – 3% of ₹60,00,000 = ₹1,80,000
Registration Charge – 1% of 60,00,000 = ₹60,000
Labour Cess – 20% of the stamp duty, i.e., is 20% of ₹1,80,000 = ₹36,000
Hence, total registration charges of property in Rajasthan for Ramesh’s property is ₹2,76,000.
Rajasthan Property Registration Charges FAQs
- Can property registration be done Online?
Yes, you can do your property registration online through the epanjiyan portal of Rajasthan’s registration and stamp department.
- How much time does it take for property registration?
In most cases, completing the whole process does not take more than 7 days.
- What are the registry charges in Rajasthan?
Owners must pay 1% of the stamp duty charge as their land registry fees in Rajasthan.
- How to check property ownership online in Rajasthan?
You can visit the Rajasthan government apnakhata website to check property ownership online.
These are just the simple steps that can help you safeguard your personal immovable properties forever. Do not hesitate or delay your property registration, as it may bring long-term trouble to you. We advise you to be alert while processing the property registration. As a simple mistake can hurdle the procedure.