Rajasthan, along with various Indian states, levy property tax on their residents. People must pay a small portion of their incomes for their houses or land. Commercial property owners must also pay tax for using the property for business purposes.
The state government of Rajasthan has launched an online portal, Rajasthan Municipal Corporation, to make it easy for people to pay their property taxes online. Taxpayers can visit these portals, calculate their tax amounts, and pay them in just a few clicks. They can also search for other property-related information using this portal in no time.
This blog tells you about the eligibility criteria and documents required for paying property tax in Rajasthan. Also, it gives you a step-by-step guide to making hassle-free property tax payments in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan Property Tax
Property Tax in Rajasthan, which is also known as UD Tax or Land Tax in Rajasthan, is the critical source of revenue generation for Municipal Corporations. All the properties, including residential, commercial, industrial, and vacant land parcels that are located within a specific Municipal Corporation range, are liable to pay property tax.
The state government uses this money for education, infrastructure, healthcare, etc. The Municipal Corporation levied the Rajasthan property tax, which the Urban Development Tax Department of Rajasthan governs.
Categories of Property Tax in Rajasthan
The following are the kinds of property that are liable to be taxed in Rajasthan-
Exemption on Property Tax in Rajasthan
People must adhere to dos and don’ts while levying the house tax rules in Rajasthan. An individual who is exempted from paying property tax is listed below-
- The land or property maintained by the Devasthan Department of the State Government.
- Any land or property used for public worship or public purpose.
- Land hold for the purposes connected with the disposal of dead bodies.
- Land utilised by an educational institution solely for purposes of education.
- Land for the cause of public parks, public libraries or public museums.
Documents Required for Property Tax in Rajasthan
An individual must have the following documents during the process of property registration–
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport-sized photographs of the buyers and sellers
- A verified copy of the original sale deed
- A photocopy of the No-Objection certificate issued under the Land Ceiling Act
- A photocopy of the latest property registry card
- A photocopy of the municipal tax bill
- The document of the power of authority in case the party is representing someone else
- Photocopy of the Power of Attorney if in case the party is a company
- The receipt of stamp duty payment
- Registration fees <犀利士 li>The photocopy of the agreement between the builder and the buyer
- Completion certificate
- The photocopy of the building approval plan
Besides, the person must note that the above documents must be valid and not expire. These documents are necessary for the procedure to be completed, and one might get into a vicious circle.
Also Read: What Are The Property Rates In Jodhpur?
The property tax in rajasthan applicability as follows-
- A person above 18 years of age.
- An individual is a permanent resident of Rajasthan.
- Any person owing a property in Rajasthan is entitled to pay a property tax.
Calculation of Property Tax in Rajasthan
The land tax percentage in Rajasthan varies for different kinds of properties. Depending on the property’s usage and type, the amount of property tax in Rajasthan is calculated. Given below are the formulas used to calculate the amount of property tax in Rajasthan.
|Types of Properties
|Formulas for Land Tax Calculation
|(Plot Area(sq.yd.) X DLC Residential Rate)/ 2000
|(Flat Build-Up Area(in sq. yd.) X DLC Residential Rate) / 2000
|(Plot Area/ Build-Up Area(whichever is more)(in sq.yd.) x DLCCommercial Rate)/ 2000
|(Plot Area/ Build up Area(Sq.yd.) x DLC Institutional Rate)/ 2000
|(Plot Area/ Build-up Area(whichever is more)( in sq.yd.) x DLC industrial rate)/ 2000
Rajasthan Property Tax Online Payment Procedure
For online payment of property tax in Rajasthan, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Visit the official portal of Urban Local bodies of Rajasthan.
- Click the Citizen Services tab on the portal’s homepage.
- Select UD Tax from the list of services.
- Next, you are redirected to the login page. The applicant can log in with the existing details if they are registered users.
- If not a registered user, the applicant must click Register. Then the new user registration page will open up.
- Enter the relevant details, such as name, password, email id, mobile number, and address, and click the Save button.
- Now, you are redirected to the login page. Enter the login details and press the Login tab.
- On the next page, new property registration will appear where the applicant must provide relevant property details and click the Save button.
- Select the mode of payment for property tax displayed below.
- The online payment mode screen will show where the applicant needs to give property tax bill details to make payment online.
- The application number is generated for further reverence after payment.
- The applicant can check the property tax details’ status with the application number’s help.
- If the status is approved, the user can create a new bill by clicking the New Bill link.
Also Read: How To Avoid Property Fraud In Jodhpur?
Rajasthan Property Tax Offline Payment Procedure
For offline payment for property tax in the state of Rajasthan, follow the steps mentioned below-
- The applicant has to approach a nearby municipal corporation in the area.
- Submit the property tax invoice details to the concerned authority of the municipal corporation office.
- Make payments at the cash counter as per the estimated amount of your property.
- The applicant will get an acknowledgement for the property tax payment for further reference.
- After verification, the applicant can collect his property tax bill from the same office.
Land tax in Rajasthan is levied on all immovable properties such as apartments, shops, commercial spaces, factories, buildings, etc. Ensure you have all property documents when paying property tax in Rajasthan. Doing so can make the process quick and hassle-free. We hope this blog helps you learn everything about Rajasthan property tax. Just follow the proper procedure to pay land tax in Rajasthan quickly.